„It is not enough to live, we have to live for something!”
The village is situated at the bottom of the Nagykorsó hill, at the eastern side of the Szerencs-spring valley. When arriving from the direction of Encs when reaching the top on the gibárt serpentine, the visitors will find the stone sheeps that are the consequences of the previous works of volcanoes. Between these giant stones, a narrow road leads nto the hills.
The coat of arms of the village can remind us of the coat of arms of the most famous owner of the possession, Szelepcsényi György.
The first certificates mention the territory as possession of the king and as uncultivated and uninhabited. From 1245 it became part of the castle, where the castle serfs, who served Boldogkő castle were settled.
Its Roman catholic church was built in 1825 in late baroque style.
The Reformat church was originally built in 1650, as a building without tower.
Stone sea, Doberdo
This environmental protected area is 5 hectars large, and can be found at the west slope of the Nagykorsós hill. The stone sheeps are grazing in a territory that is 2,5-3 km long and 2-300 meters wide; this area got the name Doberdo from the men fighting in wars before. The ice ages created a surface forming called chopping: the waterthat got into the stones froze, and this ice created the large stone blocks.
Nowadays there is a new legend about the stones: there was a bell ringer in the townin the 1800’s named Fehér József, who left this story for his family. After the second disappearance of the school church in a huge fire , Virgin Mary appeared in his dreams, and asked him to build a new church but not in the vilage, but above it on the hill, and she will reward the follovers through these rocks. This is how the new Roman catholic church was built. The inhabitants of the villge also recongnised that their pain was reduced when they sat on these stonesof Doberdo.
Rákóczi Ferenc II. stayed in the bell house of the village on 8th of May in 1707 on his way to the Ónod assembly.
Reste or Resica that can be found in Upper Hungary.
With the renovation of an old village house will become the country house on the main street and will be handed over in frames of a ceremony.
The village will present old and valuable historic objects for the crowds.
The handover ceremony is taking place on 9th July, 2010 with the performance of Apostol band.