„Who rules the past, rules the future, too.
The village is divided by Kanyapta stream, that leads to the Ida river. Its border was originally swampy, the regulation and draining of water made the territory able to be cultivated.
In the border of the settlement rich historic sites can be found from the neolithic age; many nice pots and findings of the Bükk culture were explored here.
During the excavations, historicians found a settlement from the 8-9th century and many objects of the houses.
The first written data of the village is from 1402, and later in 1427 a certificate says that the village id the possession of Perényi Imre.
Around 1630 the Turks settled inhabitants from Kecskemét, so there will be people cultivating the lands.
The Rákóczi-estates became supply centers of the freedom fight, kuruc and imperial troops crossed the territory many times.
At the end of the seconf Worls War, the fight was stopped at the border of the village for weeks, causing damages to the local people.
White stork is the symbol of luck, richness, fertility and childbirth. The traditions say that storks seek for homes on the roofs of good people.
The Roman catholic church around 1790 and it used to be a simple, shingle-roofed building.
At the roads leading to the village, many church memories and crucifices can be found.
The reformed church was built in the beginning of the 19th century, and got its tower in 1875.
Fortunately the village.style houses and other good examples of folk architecture remained in Komaróc. The long houses, which were built on 3 main spaces and where many generations lived together was called „trainhouse” in Komaróc.
Its twin towns are both situated in Hungary; Boldogkőváralja and Regéc.
The enterpreneur house that can be found in the front of the illage was handed over a few years ago and is a place where the enterpreneurs of the Fellowship near Kanyapta can meet.
The handover ceremony of the project is held on 23rd July, 2010.